Saturday, February 21, 2015

It's Lent again!

Lent 2015 has arrived. Rose and I will be writing about a prayer walk that was assembled by Catholic Relief Services: One on the Journey: A Solidarity Prayer Walk. It focuses on issues of social justice and asks us each to look for ways we can make very small sacrifices that might make life more bearable for others who live in unimaginable circumstances to most of us in developed countries.

I think we are using this information in a way that is entirely compatible with the intended use of the booklet.

It begins thus:
Live your life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come and see or am absent and hear about you, I will know that you are standing firm in ONE spirit, striving side by side with ONE mind for the faith of the gospel. *(Philippians 1:27) ... We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy ONE of God. *(John 6:69) ... There is ONE body and ONE spirit, just as you were called to the ONE hope of your calling *(Ephesians 4:4) ... Because there is ONE bread, we who are many are ONE body, for we all partake of the ONE bread *(I Corinthians 10:17) ... constantly praying with joy in every ONE of my prayers *(Philippians 1:4) ... Jesus said, "I am He, the ONE who is speaking to you" *(John 4:26) ... The voice of the ONE crying out in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make the paths straight *(Matthew 3:3) ... As it is, there are many members, yet ONE body *(I Corinthians 12:20) ... So we, who are many, are ONE body in Christ and individually we are members ONE of another *(Romans 12:5) ... The Father and I are ONE *(John 10:30) ... The glory that you have given me I have given them, so they may be ONE, as we are all ONE *(John 17:22) ... ONE Lord

**This will be a virtual prayer walk. Last year, our liturgy director set up an actual prayer walk in our sanctuary, with displays and opportunities to stop and meditate, reflect and pray after each one. But this will be about reflection and prayer based on the images. We will offer you our thoughts on the Scripture, information and questions for each station, and we will cover two stations each week throughout Lent to complete the journey in time for Holy Week.

I will post on Tuesdays and Rose on Fridays. May you have a blessed and productive Lent 2015!

No comments: