Thursday, January 27, 2011

A new vision of what heaven might be

A couple of my friends on Facebook (you know who you are) take cruises. They are experienced at this. They just got home from a tropical cruise, matter of fact, and they posted some pictures of their little vacation.

I was browsing the photos last night and came across one that was apparently taken from an upper deck looking straight down to some kind of gathering spot below. The description mentioned string quartets and piano players who apparently get hired to frequent the spot for the enjoyment of guests (or whatever they call people who go on cruises).

If you know me at all, you know where I'm headed.

I've never been on a cruise. But imagine going on cruises that you cannot afford, for free, fed and sheltered for free, and all because you agree to to do something you love doing for a few hours a day.

And as one of the recently returned cruise patrons pointed out, get paid for it, too?

Well, I'm not quitting my day job yet, but if I somehow got offered the chance to play with a string quartet on a cruise ship, get paid for it, and partake of the cruises at no cost, well, I"d try it at least once.

Well, I can dream, right?

No comments: